Matthew 26:11 – Jesus said, “You will always have the poor among you.” & Deuteronomy 15:11
Jesus tells us in the book of Matthew that we will be ask how we used the gifts that God has given us in the story of the three servants. (Matthew 25:29). They were held accountable and rewarded accordingly based on how they used what they were given.
Where to start
We can use our gifts to grow our wealth and stature in worldly things. We can strive for more money, position, power, material things, and even respect.
Or we can choose to use our gifts for the growth of God’s kingdom. But, how can we do that?
Well, in a few more verses, Jesus tells us. Since our ultimate goal is to please Him and to serve Him, we can follow his direct example of how our deeds will be weighed during the last day of the age.
Remember, even Jesus had a job to do on earth (John 17:4). Jesus had to answer to God for his assignment. We all have assignments and are given gifts to complete those assignments.
Matthew 25:31-40 – What we should do:
Christians for Christ – Creating Opportunity for God to be great through you!
- Verse 35: Feed the Hungry + the bread of life – Matthew 5:6
- Verse 35: Provide drink for the Thirsty + the water of life – Matthew 5:6
- Verse 35: Shelter the Homeless – No place to lay your head – Matthew 8:20
- Verse 36: Clothes for the Poor
- Verse 36: Medical for the Sick
- Verse 36: Minister/Support to the Prisoners
And Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”
Part of our mission is to help those who need it. We support many different programs that we are aware of that allow us to make a difference in peoples quality of life. Our hope is to ease the suffering. These programs are either direct support or in-direct support in nature.
Examples of our In-Direct Support programs include helping food pantries stock food so that they can help the multitude of people that rely on them, coordinating community gardens to help feed larger groups of people fresh and healthy food, clothing drives to collect easy used clothing to ensure everyone has something fresh to change into, and other ideas that help the ones that help the people in need.
How can you get involved in the ministry of 316 Ministry? We are always looking for volunteers to help in many different ways. Here are some options:
- Do you feel you have a creative desire to help in creating inspirational messages in the form of Daily Devotions to be shared? We would welcome your Christian contribution. Email them to email@example.com for review and inclusion. The format can be yours but try and keep it to about 3-4 paragraphs.
- We can also use any financial support that can help us to accomplish any if the efforts above. Your generosity allows us to get the support and help to where it is needed most. If you feel compelled to support our mission, please visit our donate area at the top of the page to learn how. Thank you for your generosity.